The Office of the Provost wishes to see that U-M faculty members are recognized for excellence in all aspects of their work. The office administers several award programs. In addition, the Rackham School of Graduate Studies, a Provost unit, administers several more award programs.
Administered by the Office of the Provost
Deadline December 1, 2022
-Note to LSA administrators: LSA’s internal due date is October 7, 2022. Please contact the Dean’s Office for additional information
(Administered by the Center for Research on Learning and Teaching on behalf of the Provost’s Office)
Recognize and reward faculty whose commitment to and investment in undergraduate teaching has had a demonstrable impact on the intellectual development and lives of their students. Nominees must be full-time tenured faculty on the Ann Arbor campus.
Collegiate Professorships are specially funded positions that recognize faculty member excellence with an appointment that is funded to provide an annual stipend as well as funds to support research or academic travel. In awarding a collegiate professorship, the new title includes the name of a former faculty member whose career is related to the faculty member receiving the honor.
Deadline April 1, 2022
Recognize faculty whose service contributes to the development of a culturally and ethnically diverse campus community. Nominees must be full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty on the Ann Arbor campus.
By invitation only. Direct inquiries to the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic and Faculty Affairs.
Administered by the Rackham Graduate School
- Distinguished Faculty Achievement Awards
- Distinguished University Professorships
- Faculty Recognition Awards
- Henry Russel Award
- Henry Russel Lectureship
- John H. D’Arms Faculty Awards for Distinguished Graduate Mentoring in the Humanities
- Rackham Distinguished Graduate Mentor Award
- Rackham Master’s Mentoring Award
Other U-M Awards & Honors of Interest to Faculty Members
- President’s Award for Distinguished Service in International Education
- President’s Award for National and State Leadership
- President’s Award for Public Impact
- Collegiate Research Professorship Award
- Research Faculty Achievement Award
- Research Faculty Recognition Award
- Distinguished University Innovator Award