Guides to policies, procedures, and resources relevant to the faculty and other members of the academic community.
Faculty Resources »
Links to the Faculty Handbook; information on recruitment, hiring and retention; faculty development; promotion, tenure and review; conflicts of interest & commitment, and faculty honors and awards.
The Office of the Provost maintains a calendar of religious holidays along with guidance to students regarding conflicts between the university academic calendar and religious observances.
The provost is responsible for strategic resource allocation decisions that reflect U-M’s longstanding priorities of academic excellence, access and affordability, and fiscal discipline.
Academic Program & Center Planning »
Processes for reviewing, establishing, and modifying academic programs.
Space Planning »
Resources and background related to capital planning and space management, allocation, and utilization.
Student Resources »
Offices of interest to students, including the offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, and the Registrar, report to the Provost.
- Bylaws of the Board of Regents
- Standard Practice Guide (SPG)
- Research and Sponsored Project Policies and Procedures
- Research Administration (eResearch)
- Finance Procedures
- Information Technology Policies
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Staff Handbook
- Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- U-M’s Alcohol and Other Drug Policy
- Authority and Delegations (SPG 601.24)