Expansion of Spring/Summer Instruction
Chair: Jim Penner-Hahn, Associate Dean for Budget, Literature Science, and the Arts
Enrollments in the Spring/Summer semesters traditionally have lagged behind Fall and Winter semester. This group will propose two or three options for increasing Spring-Summer enrollment and will develop comprehensive plans to implement each option.
Expansion of Spring/Summer course offerings could provide many benefits, including:
- increased utilization of instructional space between May 1 and August 31, when typically many classrooms are idle,
- more flexibility for students in scheduling classes,
- enhanced revenue by increasing overall enrollment.
Please email email@example.com with comments, questions, or ideas for the Expansion of Spring/Summer Instruction task force.
Task Force Members:
- Janet Gerson, Senior Lecturer in Economics, Literature, Science, and the Arts
- James Holloway, Associate Dean, College of Engineering
- Joann McDaniel, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs, School of Art & Design
- Annemarie Palincsar, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Education
- Paul Robinson, University Registrar, Office of the Registrar
- Glenna Schweitzer, Director, Office of Budget and Planning
- Pat Van Volkinburg, Academic Program Coordinator, Kinesiology
- Michael Zabriskie, Director, Housing Information Office
Related Task Forces